This blog will be a space for me to review and comment on discussions, readings, and activities in Women's Studies 320. It will also be a space to connect with my classmates in another dimension outside of the classroom, and to read their reactions and thoughts in a different environment. Reading their comments and reflecting on their blogs will also help to shape my blog, because learning other perspectives will help me to more fully appreciate what is discussed the the class. The use of the internet and the blog will help our class to work together, and to establish a kind of activism and a collective sense of feminism in a space outside of the classroom.
Learning about my classmates will also allow me to explore new perspectives on feminism, and will hopefully provide new avenues of learning by using parts of the blog like link lists.
Because the public will have access to these blogs, it may change the way that I write about feminism or my thoughts on the course. The internet is an unstable space because it allows me to write more freely because there is no immediate reaction or judgement from other people, but the ability of the public to see into that more private world also acts as a restriction. However, this public access may also contribute to any established activism regarding feminism, because it will allow me (and my classmates) to communicate our thoughts and ideas to feminists all over the world and from many different backgrounds in an open space.
The format of posting blogs (that each entry is dated) will contribute to my self understanding of feminism and what I gain from this class. It will allow me, and others, to view my own thought progression and growth regarding feminism and issues discussed in the class, and provides a record for our class and community.
I think that this blog will be a good learning experience for me as I think it provides an opportunity for me to grow as a feminist and as a computer user.... It took me a ridiculous amount of time to login (username issues...) and then to remember how to navigate to the post blogs section of the webpage. Hopefully if nothing else I emerge from this class a little more computer savvy.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi, just your prof. here bothering you over the weekend. Good job on the blog, but I need you to add your classmates' addresses to your links. I know Mo hasn't given the directions yet, but it's easier than you might think. (I actually figured it out myself. whooaa.) Just click on 'links' and add the addresses where the http box is located. No worries, here. You may want to wait for Mo's directions; they're probably more complete. I'll check again on Tuesday. HT
Post a Comment